Quick closings and competitive rates
Florida’s Top Hard Money Lenders
Do you need to close a deal fast? We can help you! Gokapital is one of Florida’s top Private Hard Money lenders. Specializing in helping seasoned and beginner real estate investors by providing short-term mortgage solutions to acquire, flip, rehab, or refinance commercial properties all across the United States.
With our Hard money loans, you can close deals in as fast as 3 to 7 days.
Our rates start at 7%*, up to 80% Loan-To-Value, and loan amounts from $150,000 to $50 Million.
Fill out an application or get in touch with one of our representatives to learn how Gokapital can help you get the financing needed to expand your property investment portfolio. You can also use our Pre-Qualification tool to find out if you’d qualify for a hard money loan.
Documents needed to Close a Hard Money Loan
Fix & Flip Hard Money Loans (Bridge Financing)
- Signed 1003 Real Estate Loan Application
- Recent Mortgage Statement
*Not required if the investment property is owned free and clear
- 2 Years of Business and/or Personal Tax Returns
- 4 months of Business and/or Personal Bank Statements
- Copy of Credit Report
Available for free via CreditKarma
- Rent Roll if several income producing units
What is a Hard Money Loan?
A hard money loan (HML) is a short-term financing solution, issued by private lenders, that allows real estate investors to obtain capital fast to develop, flip, or own properties directly.
A hard money loan is secured by the value of the subject real estate property, not by the borrower’s credit score. That’s how hard money lenders protect themselves against default by the borrower. Therefore these loans can be obtained rather quickly. Hard money” is a term used mostly in the U.S. and Canada where this kind of loan is common.
- Rehab Loans – Financing Purchase & Renovation Nationwide
- Purchase, Refinance or cash out for Investment Properties
- Up to 80% LTV of purchase price
- Closing in 1-3 weeks
- Fix and Flip financing with rehab funds
- Terms from 6 months to 10 years
- Foreign Nationals Qualify
- Loan amounts from $150,000 to $50,000,000
- Property ideally in LLC or Corp
- Lending Nationwide
- Free Pre-approvals, no upfront fees
- Fast approvals and closings!
What is Required to Qualify?
The first thing you’d need to get approved for an HML is to have at least 20% to 40% down payment, or substantial equity in the property. The higher the down payment or property equity you have, the more likely the lender will approve your loan. A hard money lender will also look at your credit score and cash reserves.
The lender examines your credit score and cash flow to assess if you can make payments on time and pay for other costs like taxes, insurance, etc. Last but not least, the lender will look at the borrower’s experience in real estate. If this is the first time that the borrower is going to flip a house, he or she is going to face more scrutiny from the lender than a borrower with years of experience in these types of deals.
Just answer these questions for a quick estimate:
- Type of real estate (condo, townhouse, retail, warehouse, vacant land, etc.)
- Property location (Address)
- Current market value
- Mortgage balance (if applicable)
- Loan amount sought
- Proposed use of funds
- Loan amounts: $150,000 to $50,000,000
- Loan to value: 60%-80% LTV of the purchase price
- Interest rates: 7% – 14%
- Loan term: 12 months to 10 years
- Payments: Interest only monthly payments, or fully amortized periods
- Lien position: First only
- States Available: All 50 US States
- Foreign nationals qualify
- Low Credit and tax issues are not a problem
A borrower seeking a hard money loan must meet the following generally stated minimum requirements. Specific minimum requirements are set following our receipt of a loan application.
- Preferred borrowers can be corporations, LLC’s, partnerships and trusts
- Reasonable existing income
- Reasonable cash reserves of about 10%
- Reasonable net worth
- Credit score – 620 or better (Some exceptions apply)
- Ability to perform exit strategy may be needed
- Residential: 1-4 unit non-owner occupied
- Multifamily: 5+ Units
- Mixed-use: Retail plus apartments
- Office buildings
- Self storage
- We DO NOT finance owner occupied residential rehab projects
How does an HML work?
A hard money loan works as an asset-based loan, meaning that while hard money lenders take into consideration the investor’s credit score, this is not a crucial factor in determining his or her eligibility. Instead, lenders require that you use real estate property as collateral.
They use the price of the property to calculate the risk of the loan and the Loan To Value (LTV). On the other hand, real estate developers, investors, and flippers use hard money to get the required funds to close time-sensitive deals where they can get a property at a low price, flip (fix) it, raise the value of the property and then sell or rent at a profit.
The main reason real estate investors choose to apply for an HML is that private lenders can fund the deal within a week–or less if the borrower meets all the qualifications.
HML’s work great on short-term flips and rehabs, or for first-time purchases, yet on longer-term investments, HML’s are not the best idea.
How does an HML work?
Hard money works similarly to bridge loans. They both have similar criteria for lending. Bridge loans are solely for buying real estate properties or investment properties that don’t qualify for traditional lending programs. A bridge loan can also be used as a down payment for a new home when the buyer hasn’t sold their current house yet.
Bridge loans can be issued by traditional and private lenders, and HMLs are only issued by private lenders, like GoKapital.
GoKapital, a lender that will work with you
GoKapital provides competitive non-bank lending options for real estate residential and commercial real estate investors.
We make Commercial Real Estate transactions happen smoothly. Our comprehensive lineup of commercial real estate loans offer solutions for self-employed borrowers that are thinking about purchasing a building, get working capital through the equity on a property, or refinance your present commercial mortgage. We lend across all 50 states of the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, with loans that range from $150,000 to $50,000,000 on all types of real estate properties.
If you earn more than $20,000 per month and have 30 to 40 percent down payment available, and a 600 or higher credit score, then you need to come and sit down with our finance professionals today.
We deliver funds in only one to three weeks for these financial transactions.
Residential Real Estate Financing is another area in which we specialize. We provide primary residential mortgages only in the state of Florida. If you are interested in residential real estate investments, either by flipping and fixing houses, buying properties and renting them, or cash-out refinance on a non-owner-occupied property, we offer a variety of solutions for you.
Our approvals are easy to secure, and our closings are quick. We can transfer the funds to you in as little as one to three weeks.
- Residential: 1-4 unit non-owner occupied
- Multifamily: 5+ units
- Mixed-use: Retail + Apartments
- Office space
- Retail stores
- Purchasing land
- Fixing and flipping properties
- When the borrower has a low credit score
- When the investor needs to act fast